Tom and Mary live in England. They both work in London, but they don't live there. Mary works in a hotel and Tom drives a taxi. They both enjoy their jobs, because they meet a lot of people. They live in a very nice house, but they want to move. We like our jobs, Mary says but we have to travel to London every day. It takes a long time and it costs a lot of money. Mary wants to buy a house in London, but houses there cost a lot, too.
Here we practise The Present Simple Tense.
1. Robert is younger than Sue.
2. My cousin is taller than my brother.
3. A kitten is smaller than a cat.
4. My father is two years older than my uncle.
5. Dogs are better than cats.
- Hello, I am really very tired today. I was in the forest where I skated a lot.
- Really? Are you fond of winter sport?
- Yes, I am. I do sport every two days. And what kind of winter sports are you fond of? - I am fond of skiing most of all. To my opinion it's a very interesting sport.
- How interesting! How many times a week do you go to your trainings?
- Four times a week.
- And what other kinds of sports are you fond of?
- Besides it I like basketball, but sad to say I play it very badly.
- I also play basketball badly. I'm afraid "of any ball".
- Well, Alina. Let's say good-bye each other, I have to hurry home.
- Ok, see you!
private and state (not federal). the difference between them is the following: private colleges are very expensive, they are generally smaller and the tuition fees are much higher. in the state colleges and universities the fees are much lower, especially for state residents. they are subsidized by state governments. the university of california and the state university of new york are two examples of such
public schools. yet it is more prestigious to get a degree at a private university where the quality of education is almost always better. as far as entrance standards are concerned they differ considerably from university to university. all the applicants must have a satisfactory high school transcript (аттестат) which helps university officials determine the applicant’s capacity to do
satisfactory work at a university. while still in high school the student also takes the scholastic aptitude test (sat) for short if he wants to apply to a university. the applicant must also write an essay of some kind, often autobiographical. an interview is usually required when one applies to a private university. прочтите 3-й абзац текста и вопрос к нему. из
вариантов ответа укажите номер предложения, содержащего правильный ответ на поставленный вопрос: what universities are examples of public schools? the oxford university. the university of california and the state university of new york. the european business school london.
1 Merlin created/made a contest to see who
could pull the sword from the stone.
2 People believed he had magical/huge powers.
3 There are a lot of special/fascinating figures in
4 Fashion fads/hits don't last very long.
5 Avatar is a computer-generated/fiction film.
Here you a
д-я уже побывал в третьяковской галерее. там интересно. но я не видел еще кремля. м-что же ты еще делал? д-ну, я гулял по парку горького позавчера, а вчера в полдень я смотрел футбольный матч в лужниках. мне понравилось.
м-здорово! как тебе еда там? д-я попробывал кухню, и мне понравилось. особенно борщ и пироги с капустой. м-какие у тебя планы на оставшиеся дни каникул? д-конечно, я хочу сходить в кремль! и еще я не купил сувениры, поэтому хочу
сходить на арбат. там много интересных вещей можно купить. м-что же, прекрасно. хорошего отдыха тебе. д-,мам. до встречи. не я придумала текс, это из учебника, так ,что не писать мне о тофтологии слова" понравилось"