Compare these. example: the grey cat is as small as the white cat. the red dog is not as/so big as the black dog. the grey cat small = the white cat 2...
Compare these. example: the grey cat is as small as the white cat. the red dog is not as/so big as the black dog. the grey cat small = the white cat 2) the red dog big ≠ the black dog 3) the chair high = the bench 4) the girl tall = the boy 5) the green tree tall ≠ the yellow tree 6) the sitting room cosy ≠ the bedroom the kitchen clean = the hall 8) the garden green = the forest
The red dog is not as/so big as the black dog.
3) the chair high =the bench
The chair is as high as the bench.
4) the girl tall =the boy
The girl is as tall as the boy.
5) the green tree tall ≠ the yellow tree
The green tree is not as tall as the yellow tree.
6) the sitting room cosy ≠ the bedroom
The sitting room is not as cosy as the bedroom.
7) the kitchen clean = the hall
The kitchen is as clean as the hall.
8) the garden green = the forest
The garden is as green as the forest.
Tom and Mary live in England. They both work in London, but they don't live there. Mary works in a hotel and Tom drives a taxi. They both enjoy their jobs, because they meet a lot of people. They live in a very nice house, but they want to move. We like our jobs, Mary says but we have to travel to London every day. It takes a long time and it costs a lot of money. Mary wants to buy a house in London, but houses there cost a lot, too.
Here we practise The Present Simple Tense.
icecream man! (see). it's great. ice cream cold and tastes good (be). now i
meet you__the airport. 11.passengers should fasten their seat belts when the plane
1 Merlin created/made a contest to see who
could pull the sword from the stone.
2 People believed he had magical/huge powers.
3 There are a lot of special/fascinating figures in
4 Fashion fads/hits don't last very long.
5 Avatar is a computer-generated/fiction film.
Here you a
and fashion (can) influence the demands for most consumer goods to some extend, but they are particularly important to producers of such things as clothing, furniture, footwear and domestic appliances.
1. If I (to be)busy, I (not to go)to the concert. 2. If she (to come )to help me yesterday , we (to do) this work quicker . 3. If you (to put)on your glasses, you (to see better. )4. He (to be )very displeased, if you (not to ring )him up. 5. If you (not to be ) so careless about your health last month, you (to consult )the doctor.